Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2009

My Top 10 Jesus Music albums (at the moment)


I know it has been long since I last posted, but I have been busy. Not working or anything, but finding heaps of new music.

Here are my 10 favourite albums of "Jesus Music" (in chronological order)


John Ylvisaker
Cool Livin'
1967










The Concrete Rubber Band
Risen Savior
1969











Moonrakers
Together with Him
1969











The Search Party
Montgomery Chapel
1969











The Last Call of Shiloh
1970












Azitis
Help
1970











The Crimson Bridge
1972












Billy and Sandra Stinson
The Merchant's Ship
1974











Glory Road
Exit
1977










Jimmy Hotz
Beyond the Crystal Sea
1980








3 comments:

stephy said...

That Jimmy Hotz cover is AMAZING!

orczy said...

Isn't it!
A great album aswell. I think you can get it from his website:
http://www.hotzstore.com/hotzstore_music_001.htm

Tim said...

Hey!

I cannot TELL you how excited I was to come across your blog, and more excitedly this list! I hadn't even HEARD of the Moonrakers before - what a funny name! I'm quite a bit lover of this music myself and my personal top 10 would come very close to yours!

Read your story; it's a minor miracle that Hotz was your first discovery! It is a gem among gems and most people don't discover it til much later - what a bullseye right out of the box.

Hey, wanted to ask you a favor. Was reading my (very worn) copy of Ken Scott's The Archivist and he highly recommends Billy and Sandra Stinson so I scoured the web, and... nothing! Except for a few used vinyl that won't get the artist paid. Would you consider sharing on that one since there's no real way to get it new? If this doesn't show my email to you, it is

timhenHHH@gmail.com (it's just timhen, subtract the 3 H's - figured that MAY outsmart the search bots?) Either way I'd love to hear back from a rare lover of this music!

Peace to you,
Tim